Subsea 7 Clinches $60M Deal from Petrobras for Subsea Services off Brazil
Subsea 7 S.A. disclosed Wednesday the award of a contract to its i-Tech division valued at approximately $60 million by Petrobras.
The contract scope is for the provision of ROV’s and underwater positioning services on board the platform supply vessel (PSV) Far Saga operating offshore Brazil for an initial six year term with options to extend for up to another six years.
i-Tech’s Managing Director, Bruce Masson, commented, “We are pleased to be awarded this contract by Petrobras which further consolidates i-Tech’s position as the leading ROV (remotely operated vehicles) and intervention tooling provider offshore Brazil. This contract will see the first deployment of our new generation Centurion SP work class ROV on board the PSV. The Centurion SP vehicle is one of the most powerful ROV’s currently available in the market, offering a high thrust to weight ratio which is important when working in areas of high currents.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)