GE Wins Gina Krog, Elin Subsea Tie-In Contracts
Norwegian-based subsea contractor Ocean Installer has awarded GE Oil & Gas a contract to supply subsea tie-in connection systems that will support the development of the Gina Krog and Eirin gas fields in the Norwegian North Sea.
Statoil Petroleum, which operates the Gina Krog (formerly known as Dagny) and Eirin fields, previously awarded Ocean Installer the overall engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) contract to provide the subsea installations and tie-in operations for the two fields. As part of its EPCI contract, Ocean Installer is responsible for the design, fabrication and subsea installation of a gas export pipeline end manifold (PLEM); the oil export riser base; the tie-in spools and covers; and all associated remote tie-in operations. The work scope related to the Eirin field is included as an option due to the project being sanctioned at a later stage.
The Gina Krog field is located 18.6 miles (30 km) northwest of the Sleipner A installation and approximately 155 miles (250 km) southwest of Stavanger, Norway. The Eirin gas and condensate field is located 5.5 miles (9 km) northwest of Gina Krog. The fields are among Statoil's major new developments with an estimated 225 million barrels of oil and gas.
For the project with Ocean Installer, GE is providing equipment to connect the Sleipner A installation with a new Gina Krog production platform and floating storage unit after they are built. The value of the contract with Ocean Installer is approximately $16.7 million (NOK 100 million) and includes hardware and offshore installations, with an additional $5.1 million (NOK 30 million) in options. The option consists of connections to the nearby Eirin field.
The order with Ocean Installer reinforces GE’s position as a preferred supplier of tie-in operation solutions and strengthens the company’s experience with supporting challenging projects around the world.
“We are pleased having signed this contract with Ocean Installer, combining our extensive experience in the segment with Ocean Installer’s highly qualified project organization and efficient assets,” said Tom Huuse, regional service leader—Subsea Systems for GE Oil & Gas. “With our field-proven, reliable and efficient tie-in connection system, we will create value not only for Ocean Installer as the EPCI contractor, but also for Statoil as the end user.”
Huuse noted that GE’s OTR Intervention department in Dusavik, Norway will manage the contract work on behalf of Ocean Installer, reinforcing the Dusavik team’s long-term strategy to lead GE Oil & Gas’ tie–in connection services, not only in the region but also globally.
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: GE Oil & Gas more info
- GE's 12,000 Job Cuts Highlight Uneasy Shift to Renewable Energy (Dec 08)
- Baker Hughes Clinches Integrated Services Contract For PNG Gas Field (Aug 08)
- GE Sinks as Oil Outlook Sputters, Marring End of Immelt's Tenure (Jul 21)
Company: DSME more info
- Seadrill Defers Delivery of Drillships from DSME (Jan 15)
- DSME Files Complaint with LMAA Over Songa Offshore's Newbuild Semisubs (Jul 31)
- DNV Launches JIP with South Korean Yards to Reduce Project Cost by 15% (Jul 23)
Company: Ocean Installer AS more info
- Ocean Installer Secures Jumper Replacement Work from Statoil (Mar 16)
- Oil, Gas Service Companies Win Several North Sea Contracts (Feb 03)
- Ocean Installer Secures Services Contract for Total Operated Field (Sep 11)