Planet Gas Updates on Drilling at Sprigg-1 Well in South Australia
Australia-based energy explorer Planet Gas Limited provided an update Wednesday on the Sprigg-1 exploration well located within PEL 514 in the South Australian Cooper Basin.
Sprigg-1 Exploration Well
- Spud Date: Oct. 6
- Planned total depth: 8,084 feet (2,464 meters)
- Current depth: Total depth of 8,104 feet (2,470 meters) reached at 0730 hours Oct. 20
- Operations: Preparing to run casing and planning for a drill stem test (DST) on Murta Formation over an interpreted 20.7 foot (6.3 meter) net log pay from 5,226.4 feet (1,593 meters) depth
- Participating Interest: Senex Energy Limited 80 percent (Operator); Planet Gas 20 percent (free carried)
The Sprigg-1 prospect is located in the central eastern sector of PEL 514 and is 2.8 miles (4.5 kilometers) west of Acrasia oil field.
The exploration was drilled to a total depth of 8,104 feet (2,470 meters) to test the oil potential of the Tinchoo Formation up dip and 787 feet (240 meters) west south west of the Reg Sprigg North-1 well.
Additional targets were also intersected through the Hutton Sandstone and the Arrabury Formation which have produced oil in nearby wells.
Planet Gas holds a 20 percent project interest in PEL 514 while Senex Energy Limited (Senex), holds an 80 percent interest and is the operator.
The Sprigg-1 well forms part of the initial farm-in agreement with Senex of December 2011. As part of that agreement Senex is required to drill two wells by end November 2013 with Sprigg-1 being the first of the two well program. Planet Gas is free carried for the program.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Planet Gas Updates on Drilling at Bagheera East-1 Well in SA's Cooper Basin (Oct 15)
- Senex Finds Oil Shows at Bagheera East-1 Well in Cooper Basin's PEL 514 (Oct 13)
- Senex Prepares to Drill Bagheera East-1 Well in PEL 514 in SA Cooper Basin (Sep 26)