Subsea 7 Wins More Brazil Work for PLSVs
UK-based oilfield services Subsea 7 reported Monday that it had won two contracts with a combined value in excess of $600 million to provide pipelay support vessels (PLSVs) to Petrobras.
The contracts will see the PLSVs Seven Mar and Seven Condor operating for Petrobras on a day-rate basis for approximately three years, with operations starting toward the end of 2013 for Seven Mar and in the third quarter of 2014 for the Seven Condor.
The contracts are effectively an extension, since both vessels have operated for Petrobras for several years and are currently under contract to the firm. The work scope comprises project management, engineering and installations of flowlines, umbilicals and equipment supplied by Petrobras.
Petrobras' senior vice president for Brazil, Victor Bomfim, commented in a company statement:
"Following on from the renewal of contracts for the K3000, Seven Phoenix and Normand Seven, the renewal of contracts for Seven Mar and Seven Condor further strengthens our presence in the day-rate PLSV business segment in Brazil, and we look forward to supporting Petrobras in future developments."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)