Novatek Co-Owner Eyes Talks with Rosneft over Enel Gas Deal - Report
MOSCOW, Oct 10 (Reuters) – Gennady Timchenko, a co-owner of Russia's No.2 gas producer Novatek, said he wants to talk with Rosneft about buying Enel's stake in gas firm SeverEnergia, Kommersant daily reported on Thursday.
Last month, Rosneft agreed to buy Enel's 40 percent stake in Arctic Russia B.V., leading to Rosneft's indirect ownership of a 19.6 percent stake in Russian gas producer SeverEnergia, where 51 percent is owned by a Gazprom Neft and Novatek joint venture.
"I hope that we would start a constructive dialog with Rosneft in the nearest future and will find a mutually beneficial decision," Timchenko said in the interview.
(Reporting by Vladimir Soldatkin; editing by Megan Davies)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Kremlin Oil Major Piles Up Investments In Iraq's Kurdistan Amid Crisis (Oct 18)
Company: Enel S.p.A. more info
- Industry Leaders: Latin America Must Safeguard Energy Investors (Jun 16)
- At-13 Well in Algeria Hits 240-Foot Gas-Bearing Formation (May 23)
- Dragon Oil, Enel Secure 2 Exploration Blocks in Algeria (Oct 01)
Company: Novatek more info
- RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project (Nov 13)
- Russia's Novatek Says Yamal LNG Seen Expanding By 1 Million Tonnes (Oct 17)
- Russia's Novatek Recommends 1H Dividend Of 6.95 rbls Per Share (Aug 25)