Technip Receives EPCIC Contract for Block SK316 Gas Project
France's Technip, in a joint venture with Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering Holdings Berhad's subsidiary Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering Sdn Bhd (MMHE), indicated Monday that it has received confirmation from Petronas Carigali for a substantial engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning (EPCIC) contract for the development of two gas fields in Block SK316. Those fields are located approximately 111.84 miles (180 kilometers) North of Bintulu, Sarawak, at a water depth of 341.2 feet (104 meters).
The Technip-MMHE joint venture had earlier participated in the front-end engineering design competition with subsequent rollover to EPCIC execution.
The EPCIC contract, worth $339.07 million to $678.15 million (€250 million to €500 million) to Technip, includes a central processing platform and a bridge-linked wellhead platform, which will be constructed at MMHE’s fabrication yard at Pasir Gudang in Johor, Malaysia, as well as a 46.6-mile (75-kilometer) pipeline, which will be installed by one of Technip’s pipe-laying vessels.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)