Lundin, Rosneft Sign Heads of Agreement for Lagansky Block
LLC Petroresurs is the 100 percent owner of the Lagansky block licence located in the Russian part of the Caspian Sea. The Lagansky block licence contains the Morskoye discovery with best estimate gross contingent resources of 157 MMboe.
Lundin Petroleum currently has a 70 percent shareholding in LLC Petroresurs, with Gunvor holding the remaining 30 percent.
The consideration is related to historical costs spent on the Lagansky block licence by Lundin Petroleum and Gunvor, and will be made in deferred payments. After the transaction is completed, Lundin Petroleum will have an indirect 34.3 percent interest in the Lagansky block licence through its shareholding in LLC Petroresurs.
As part of the agreement, Rosneft and Lundin Petroleum have agreed to investigate possible cooperation in the Norwegian and Russian offshore sectors.
Ashley Heppenstall, President and CEO of Lundin Petroleum comments: "This transaction will allow the partners to realise the full potential of this exciting opportunity and to move forward with appraisal and development."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Kremlin Oil Major Piles Up Investments In Iraq's Kurdistan Amid Crisis (Oct 18)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)