PT IKM Indonesia Bags Subcontract for Kepodang Gas Project off Central Java
Norway's IKM Gruppen subsidiary PT IKM Indonesia bagged a subcontract from PT McDermott Indonesia for the offshore Kepodang Gas Field Project in the Muriah Production Sharing Contract (PSC), which is located around 112 miles (180 kilometers) northeast of Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia.
McDermott was awarded a contract by Malaysia's Petronas Carigali affiliate PC Muriah in February to develop offshore surface facilities and an infield flowline for the Kepodang gas field, which lies in water depths of 197 to 230 feet (60 to 70 meters). Under the contract, McDermott will procure, construct, install and commission a 5,802-ton central processing platform, a 1,298-ton wellhead platform, a 1.7-mile long, 0.8-foot diameter infield flowline as well as install remote control facilities at the onshore receiving facilities.
PT IKM Indonesia's workscope includes project management, provision of labor, equipment and consumables. The firm will carry out flange management, valve leak testing, chemical cleaning, hot oil flushing, hydraulic tuding flushing and nitrogen helium leak test.
"Project is scheduled to commence in October 2013 over a period of 10 months in Batam, Indonesia," PT IKM Indonesia said in a press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- McDermott CEO Bets on Next Turnaround at Ailing Chicago Bridge (Jan 09)
- Oil-Focused Engineering Firms McDermott, Chicago Bridge To Merge (Dec 18)
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: The IKM Group more info
- IKM Ocean Design Wins Johan Sverdrup Contract (Sep 14)
- Sub-Atlantic Secures ROV Orders (Dec 22)
- IKM Subsea Wins $16M Contract to Provide ROV Services to Eni in Indonesia (Sep 17)