Technip-MMHE JV Bags Block SK316 EPCIC Contract from Petronas
Malaysia's Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas) announced Friday that the company has awarded the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation and Commissioning (EPCIC) contract for the development of two gas fields in Block SK316 offshore Sarawak, Malaysia to a joint venture between France's Technip and Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering Sdn Bhd (MMHE).
The EPCIC contract for Block SK316 underwent a bidding exercise in which three companies submitted their bids. They are namely, Berlian McDermott Sdn Bhd; Saipem (M) Sdn Bhd; and Technip-MMHE joint venture; via a Front End Engineering Design (FEED) competition with subsequent rollover to EPCIC execution.
Based on this process, the most competitive bidder has been identified as Technip-MMHE joint venture.
Block SK316 is located approximately feet 111.84 miles (180 kilometers) North of Bintulu, Sarawak.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 10 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Malaysia Marine & Heavy Engineering Sdn Bhd (MMHE) more info
- MMHE, EPIC Form JV to Provide Ship Repair Services at Kemaman in Malaysia (Aug 17)
- Shell Sees Malikai Project in Malaysia as Boosting Deepwater Ambitions (Jun 14)
- MHB Bags Petronas Carigali's WHP Contract for Malaysia's Kumang Gas Fields (Dec 24)