Gazprom Neft, Novatek Counter Rosneft Gas Deal - Novatek Co-Owner Timchenko
MOSCOW, Sept 25 (Reuters) – Russia's Gazprom Neft and Novatek are in talks to buy Italian energy company Enel's indirect stake in gas producer SeverEnergia, which Enel has just agreed to sell to Rosneft, a Novatek co-owner said.
On Tuesday, Rosneft agreed to buy Enel's 40 percent stake in Arctic Russia B.V., leading to Rosneft's indirect ownership of a 19.6 percent stake in SeverEnergia, where 51 percent is owned by a Gazprom Neft and Novatek joint venture.
But Gennady Timchenko, a co-owner of Novatek, said that Novatek and Gazprom Neft are in their own talks over the stake, signalling a row between him and Igor Sechin, the powerful chief executive of Rosneft.
"Based on that I saw in Rosneft's statement, there are some suspensive conditions," he was quoted as saying by Prime news agency.
Italian Eni also has an indirect stake in SeverEnergia, a production venture with assets in the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Region in Northern Russia.
(Reporting by Katya Golubkova)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
Company: Enel S.p.A. more info
- Industry Leaders: Latin America Must Safeguard Energy Investors (Jun 16)
- At-13 Well in Algeria Hits 240-Foot Gas-Bearing Formation (May 23)
- Dragon Oil, Enel Secure 2 Exploration Blocks in Algeria (Oct 01)
Company: Novatek more info
- Report: US May Get First LNG Import From Russia Despite Sanctions (Jan 09)
- RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project (Nov 13)
- Russia's Novatek Says Yamal LNG Seen Expanding By 1 Million Tonnes (Oct 17)
Company: JSC Gazprom Neft more info
- Gazprom 2015 Profit Jumps as Kremlin Demands Higher Dividend (Apr 28)
- Russia's Gazprom Neft to Delay Novoportovskoye Oilfield Launch (Apr 19)
- Russia's Gazprom Neft, China's CNPC Agree to Cooperate in Oil Sector (Dec 17)