Windmill-2 Kicks Off a 4 Well Drilling Campaign in PEL 92
Australia-listed Cooper Energy Limited (ASX: COE) reported Monday that a 4 well drilling campaign has commenced in PEL 92 on the western flank of the Cooper Basin, South Australia with the spudding of Windmill-2 Sept. 21 at 22:00 hours.
The campaign aims to optimize oil production from existing oil fields and comprises:
- Windmill-2, to appraise the Windmill oil discovery and accelerate production from the Namur Sandstone reservoir
- Butlers-7 and Butlers-8, which will seek to accelerate production from the Namur Sandstone reservoir by targeting locations up-dip of producing oil wells; and
- Callawonga-9, to accelerate production rates from the Callawonga oil field
It is anticipated Windmill-2 will be completed within 12 days from spudding, and the four well drilling program by the end of October 2013.
Cooper Energy holds a 25 percent interest in PEL 92 with the balance held by the Operator, Beach Energy Limited.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Completes Callawonga-12 Well Drilling in Cooper Basin (Aug 25)
- Cooper Energy Seeks New Buyer for Tangai-Sukananti KSO in Sumatra (Aug 24)
- Beach Energy Spuds Callawonga-12 Well in South Australia's Cooper Basin (Aug 18)