ONGC Videsh Seeks to Raise its Stake in Block BC-10
India's ONGC Videsh Ltd (OVL), the overseas arm of state-owned Oil Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. (ONGC), exercised its pre-emption rights to acquire part of the 35 percent interest in Block BC-10 that Brazil's Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras) planned to sell to China's Sinochem Group for $1.54 billion, the Press Trust of India (PTI) reported Wednesday.
OVL and fellow joint venture partner Royal Dutch Shell plc will acquire Petrobras' stake in Block BC-10, sources with direct knowledge of the development said. The Indian upstream company will take a 12.08 percent stake and the remaining 23 percent will go to Shell. The two companies - which have a first right of refusal when a fellow participant offer its stakes for sale - have informed Petrobras about their decision.
At present, OVL has a 15 percent stake in the block, while Shell is the operator with 50 percent share. OVL Managing Director D K Sarraf declined comment citing confidentiality in the joint operating agreement, PTI said.
Sinochem inked an agreement with Petobras in August to acquire the Brazilian firm's stake in Block BC-10, known as Parque das Conchas. Production in the block, which is located in water depths of around 5,839.9 feet in the Campos Basin off Brazil, commenced in 2009.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: ONGC Videsh more info
- India's ONGC Videsh to Spend Over $3 Billion on Iran Gas Block (Apr 04)
- India Clears ONGC's Extra 11% Stake Buy in Russia's Vankor Fields (Oct 05)
- ONGC Videsh Inks Deal with Rosneft to Up Stake in Russia's Vankorneft (Sep 15)
Company: Sinochem more info
- Sinochem Names Zhang Wei As General Manager (Nov 07)
- Statoil Awards Wood Group Contracts for Brazil's Offshore Peregrino Project (Sep 22)
- Peregrino Field Offshore Brazil Produces 100 Million Barrels of Oil (Aug 04)