Empire Gets Approval to Drill Dunnart-2 Well in EP 437 in Perth Basin
Empire Oil & Gas NL (Empire) as Operator of Exploration Permit EP437 announced that the Western Australian Department of Mines and Petroleum (DMP) has granted Approval to Drill the Dunnart-2 exploration well, which is located onshore in north Perth Basin, Western Australia.
The Operator will drill Dunnart-2 once it has negotiated and finalized the following:
- executed a Land Access Agreement reflecting the agreed terms with the landowner
- obtained any Approvals as required with the local shire for the installation of the drilling camp
- awarding of the services contracts required to carry out the drilling program; and
- executed the agreed terms of the Drilling Contract
In this regard Drilling Contractors of Australia (DCA) has allocated their DCA Rig 7 to Empire to drill Dunnart-2.
Empire is actively pursuing these matters and when completed will provide the time frame for commencement of drilling operations.
The Dunnart-2 oil prospect play style consists of a fault dependent closure located updip from the Dunnart-1 well, which had oil shows. The well has a total depth of 2,198.1 feet (670 meters). The primary reservoir objective is the Bookara Sandstone sealed by the Triassic aged Kockatea Shale.
There is provision in the Dunnart-2 drilling program to conduct an open hole drill stem test upon recording live oil shows while drilling.
Joint Venture participants in EP437:
- Empire Oil & Gas NL (Empire Oil Company (WA) Limited) Operator: 35 percent
- Key Petroleum Limited (Key Petroleum [Australia] Pty Ltd): 50 percent
- Caracal Exploration Pty Limited: 15 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Empire O&G Plans Remedial Solutions at RGN-1 Well in WA's Perth Basin (Jun 17)
- Mineral Resources Becomes Key Shareholder of Australia's Empire Oil & Gas (Jun 15)
- Empire Completes Testing Program at RGN-1 Well in WA's Permit EP 389 (Apr 26)