New Petrobras Deal for Solstad Offshore
Solstad Offshore, the Norwegian operator of offshore services vessels, reported Friday that it has entered into a new long-term contract with Petrobras for its AHTS (anchor-handling, tug and supply) vessel Normand Drott.
Solstad said the new contract will begin in November after a scheduled dry docking of the vessel. The contract will last four years and has a value to Solstad of approximately $55 million.
Solstad added that it currently has nine vessels in operation in Brazilian waters including the Normand Drott, which has been used by Petrobras since 2009.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Solstad Offshore more info
- Norwegian Firms to Create Offshore Oil Industry Supply Vessels Giant (Feb 06)
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Solstad Offshore Says Industry Must Consolidate to Restore Profits (Feb 24)