Norwest Updates on Drilling at Arrowsmith-2 Well in Permit EP 413
Norwest Energy NL announced Wednesday the Company had reported Aug. 22 that operations at Arrowsmith-2 shale gas well in Permit EP 413 - which is located onshore in the northern Perth Basin, Australia - had recommenced with the plan to drill out the remaining bridge plugs and to isolate the High Cliff Sandstone (HCSS) interval from the other zones with a completion packer.
It was expected to take approximately three weeks to complete this phase of operations. During this period it was planned that 2.375 inch tubing would be run from surface to the installed packer, and the HCSS interval would be flowed back in isolation for a period of 2-3 weeks. This would be followed by extended flowback of the Carynginia Formation and Irwin River Coal Measures.
Operations proceeded to plan and by Sept. 6 installation of the completion packer had commenced, however during operations it became apparent that the packer could not pass the depth of 8,681 feet (2,646 meters). As a consequence, it was decided to set the packer at this depth, and to adjust the forward plan accordingly.
As soon as possible Norwest will report to the market the proposed modified program and recommencement date of operations.
Joint Venture partners in EP413:
- Norwest Energy NL (Operator) : 27.945 percent
- AWE Limited (via subsidiaries) : 44.252 percent
- Bharat PetroResources Ltd : 27.803 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Transerv, Norwest Join Hands to Drill Xanadu Prospect in Perth Basin Off WA (Jul 11)
- Australia's Norwest Energy Updates on Operations at its Upstream Assets (Sep 15)
- Norwest Energy Forms Alliance with Rey Resources to Develop Assets in WA (Jun 03)