Genel, MOG Create Ocean Governance Degree Scholarship in Malta
Genel Energy and Mediterranean Oil & Gas (MOG) announced Tuesday that their jointly-owned Malta-based company Phoenicia Energy Company will award an $18,000 scholarship to a qualified student to study for a Master of Arts degree in Ocean Governance at the University of Malta.
The degree is being offered by the university in collaboration with the International Ocean Institute and will be held at its Valletta Campus as part of the university's international masters programs.
MOG said that the Master's in Ocean Governance will serve to enhance the development of learning and research in the field of marine resource management and maritime security from a multidisciplinary perspective.
MOG CEO Dr Bill Higgs commented in a company statement:
"We are delighted to be working with our partner Genel Energy in offering this MA degree scholarship at the University of Malta. Ocean Governance is an important discipline and we are pleased to support the development of this capability within Malta."
Genel and MOG both own stakes in a production sharing contract covering Blocks 4, 5, 6 and 7 of Area 4, offshore Malta.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Rockhopper 'Well Placed' to Take Advantage of Low Oil Price (Sep 15)
- Hagar Qim Rig Completes Drilling (Jul 09)
- Eni Sees Further Problems at Guendalina Field (Jun 19)
Company: Genel Enerji A.S. more info
- Genel can 'Plan with Confidence' in 2017 after KRG Payment Promise (Jan 24)
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- AkerBP, Cairn Energy Make Jefferies Top Pick List (Jan 09)