Bardex Wins Contract from HHI for Moho Nord TLP
Bardex Corporation wins a contract from South Korea's Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) for a BOP (blowout preventer) Cage and drilling riser skidding system for operation on the Moho Nord TLP (tension leg platform) which HHI is building for Total for operation offshore Congo-Brazzaville.
"The Bardex skidding system comprises two hydraulic gripper jacks each of 75 tons push-pull capacity powered by a 30 hp (horsepower) hydraulic power unit, approved for use in ATEX Zone 1 hazardous area," Bardex said in a press release.
HHI reported March 26 that it has clinched the $700 million order for a TLP from Total. The company will carry out engineering, procurement, supply, construction and commissioning of the TLP to be deployed in Moho Nord field, 49.7 miles (80 kilometers) off the Republic of Congo's coast.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Hyundai Heavy Plunges by Record on $1.2 Billion Sale Plan (Dec 27)
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Billionaire Fredriksen Buys Rig, Ends Hyundai Dispute (Mar 13)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Bardex Corporation more info
- Bardex Wins Contract from HHI for Moho Nord TLP (Sep 09)
- Bardex to Supply Mooring System for Ichthys' Platform (Aug 06)