PetroFrontier Ends Seismic Program at Southern Georgina Basin Permits
Canada-listed PetroFrontier Corp. reported Friday that it has completed the “AMY” 2D proprietary seismic acquisition program consisting of 188.9 miles (304 kilometers) on its Southern Georgina Basin exploration permits in the Northern Territory, Australia. Interpretation of the data gathered will be the next step in determining drilling locations for conventional and unconventional exploration wells as part of the 2013/2014 capital exploration program in the Southern Georgina Basin to be announced at a later date.
Pursuant to the Amended Farmin Agreement announced June 11, Statoil Australia Theta B.V. (Statoil) has assumed operatorship of PetroFrontier’s four exploration permits (EP 103, EP 104, EP 127, EP 128) and exploration permit applications (EPA 213 and EPA 252) effective Sept. 1. Consequently, PetroFrontier has released all staff in its operations office in Adelaide, Australia and that office is now closed.
With working capital of approximately $9.2 million (CAD 9.6 million) June 30, no debt and no ongoing exploration expenses as a result of the recent Amended Farmin Agreement with Statoil, PetroFrontier is now well positioned to pursue new growth opportunities. The Board of Directors and senior management will now focus on evaluating the best strategy going forward for the benefit of all shareholders.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Big Oil CEOs Appeal to Norway to Back Carbon Capture and Storage (Feb 15)
- Norwegian Police Investigate 2016 Hydrogen Leak At Statoil Refinery (Feb 09)
- Statoil Quits Talks Over Stake In Mozambique Offshore Gas Block (Jan 29)
Company: PetroFrontier Corp more info
- Statoil to Withdraw from Permits EP127, EP128 in NT's Georgina Basin (Nov 14)
- Statoil Completes Testing Operations at OzDelta-1 Well in Australia's NT (Oct 13)
- Statoil Abandons OzBeta-1 Well in Permit EP 127 in Northern Territory (Aug 27)