Technip-NPCC Consortium Wins $1.69B EPC Deal for Umm Lulu Field
France's Technip, in a consortium led by National Petroleum Construction Company (NPCC), announced that it has been awarded by Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Company (ADMA-OPCO) the contract for the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) work of Umm Lulu Full Field Development project – Package 2 (Process Facilities).
The contract, with an approximate value of $1.69 billion (Technip share: about 35 percent), was awarded at the conclusion of a competitive bidding process in which a number of EPC contractors participated.
The contract’s scope of work consists of the detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, offshore installation, commissioning and start-up of a large offshore super complex comprising of six bridge linked platforms including gathering, separation, gas treatment and water disposal facilities, utilities and accommodation modules, totaling over 66,000 metric tons (with associated jackets, flares, bridges and subsea composite cables). The platforms will be installed by the floatover method developed by Technip, which allows a high proportion of the hook-up and pre-commissioning work to be completed onshore prior to load-out, and thereby significantly reduces both the duration and cost of the offshore commissioning phase.
Technip will be responsible for the engineering of the project and will share the procurement and commissioning works with NPCC. NPCC will be responsible for the fabrication and installation of the facilities. The project is scheduled to be completed in the first half of 2018.
Vaseem Khan, senior vice president of Technip in the Middle East, declared: “This award confirms our world leading position in offshore engineering as well as floatover operations and strengthens our continuous involvement in major offshore projects in the UAE, where we have been present for more than 30 years. We are proud to contribute to ADMA-OPCO’s offshore complex as it will be the largest in the region.”
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: National Petroleum Construction Company (NPCC) more info
- Unique System Bags Deal to Support NPCC's Projects in ME, South Asia (Jan 16)
- Technip-NPCC Consortium Wins $1.69B EPC Deal for Umm Lulu Field (Aug 29)
- UAE-France JV Win $1.6B Oil Field Project in Abu Dhabi (Aug 27)
Company: ADMA-OPCO more info
- Penspen Secures Das Island Services Contract (Mar 08)
- Technip Bags PMC Services Deal for UAE's Nasr Field Development Project (Nov 14)
- HHI Inks $1.94B EPCIC Deal with ADMA-OPCO for UAE's Nasr Field Project (Nov 12)