EBN Buys into Oil Production at Dutch North Sea Block
Dutch oil and gas firm EBN reported Wednesday that it has bought from GDF Suez a 40-percent share in oil production at the L5a block in the Dutch zone of the North Sea. Located around 60 miles northwest of Den Helder, the L5a block includes the L5a-E oilfield.
EBN has been a partner with GDF Suez in gas production in the L5a block since 2008. The deal announced today that GDF will retain a 60-percent stake in the block's oil production.
EBN noted that the L05-13 well recently encountered oil. An evaluation well, L05-14, is currently being drilled and is located around one mile northeast of the LO-13 well. Both wells are designed to give EBN and GDF more information about the characteristics of the oilfield, with both firms planning to develop the field.
EBN CEO Jan Dirk Bokhoven commented in a company statement:
"L05a is one of the developments in the growing oil portfolio of EBN. The successful cooperation with GDF Suez shows that besides natural gas production there are opportunities for oil production in the Dutch North Sea too."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- EBN Buys into Oil Production at Dutch North Sea Block (Aug 28)
- Northern Preps Tiendeveen-1 for Testing Operations (Jan 11)
- Northern Taps 307 BCF at Geesbrug Gas Field (Jan 07)
Company: GDF Suez more info
- UK Awards 27 Blocks for Shale Exploration in Latest Licensing Round (Aug 18)
- European Majors Team Up to Explore Arctic (Apr 21)
- GDF Suez Says Natural Gas Discovery Made in Southeast Algeria (Apr 20)