TTS Signs Deal to Supply Drillship Crane Package to DMSE
Norway-based TTS Group ASA's subsidiary TTS Offshore Handling Equipment AS inked a contract, worth approximately $19.9 million (NOK 120 million), with South Korea's Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd. for the supply of a drillship crane package.
Under the contract, TTS Offshore - which specializes in offshore cranes and load handling solutions - will deliver four large offshore cranes, additional equipment for riser handling and pipe handling for a drillship ordered by Vantage Drilling Company. The contract comprises three options for delivery of identical equipment, with delivery planned for the third quarter of 2014.
“After being awarded a similar contract from STX Offshore & Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. in November 2012, this contract represents a final breakthrough in a very interesting and significant market segment. We have pursued prospects within this segment for a long time, and this contract enhances our position within offshore load handling,” TTS Group CEO Johannes D. Neteland said in an announcement to Norway's stock exchange Oslo Børs.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Seadrill Defers Delivery of Drillships from DSME (Jan 15)
- DSME Files Complaint with LMAA Over Songa Offshore's Newbuild Semisubs (Jul 31)
- DNV Launches JIP with South Korean Yards to Reduce Project Cost by 15% (Jul 23)
Company: Vantage Drilling Co. more info
- Vantage Drilling Appoints Ihab Toma as CEO (Aug 12)
- Former Petrobras Exec Sentenced Over Vantage Drilling Contract (Feb 01)
- Vantage Says Reaches Deal with Lenders, Unit to File for Bankruptcy (Dec 03)
Company: TTS Group ASA more info
- TTS Signs Deal to Supply Drillship Crane Package to DMSE (Aug 27)