Hibiscus Enters into 2nd Round Bidding for Newfield's Asia Assets
Malaysia's Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd has been shortlisted for the second round of Newfield Exploration Co.’s oil and gas assets in Malaysia and China, with the remaining candidates expected to submit their bids to the United States oil firm's advisor Goldman, Sachs & Co. by September 26, according to local media reports.
Goldman Sachs was reported earlier to have shortlisted Exxon Mobil Corp., Royal Dutch Sehll plc., Talisman Energy Inc. and Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company to submit second round bids for Newfield's upstream assets in Malaysia and China.
"We are one of 60 players who will bid for Newfield and it is competitive," Hibiscus' Managing Director Kenneth Pereira told the Business Times, adding that it was not the only Malaysian company to make the cut for the second round of bidding.
Another local firm SapuraKencana Petroleum Bhd has earlier expressed interest in acquiring the Newfield's assets.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Big Shale Turns OPEC Ally From Foe With Focus on Oil Returns (Dec 04)
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
- $2 Billion Gulfport Buy Shows Drillers Thirsting for Next Play (Dec 15)
Company: Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd more info
- Polo Resources to Acquire 8.4% Stake in Malaysia's Hibiscus Petroleum (Dec 03)
- Vic/P57 JV Confirms Sea Lion-1 Prospect Offshore Australia as a Dry Well (Nov 11)
- Hibiscus Petroleum Plans to Acquire Hydra Energy to Grow Oil Resource Base (Nov 11)