Maersk Set to Play with Bagpuss and Blofeld
North Sea Energy announced Friday that Maersk Oil has agreed to farm into the Bagpuss and Blofeld prospects in the UK North Sea.
The deal sees Maersk acquire a 25-percent working interest in blocks 13/24c and 13/25 which contain the prospects within UK offshore license P.1943. In return it will carry 100 percent of North Sea Energy's forward costs, drill the initial Bagpuss prospect exploration well and pay some costs already incurred by North Sea Energy.
The prospects are located on the Halibut Horst, which is described by North Sea Energy as a well-defined basement high within the Moray Firth in the North Sea.
"We are very excited to have successfully farmed-out the Bagpuss prospect to a world-class partner in Maersk Oil for the initial exploration and appraisal of the prospect," North Sea Energy CEO Craig Anderson.
North Sea Energy will retain a 15-percent working interest in blocks 13/24c and 13/25.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: North Sea Energy Corp. more info
- Maersk Set to Play with Bagpuss and Blofeld (Aug 16)
- Ithaca to Drill Second Production Well at Jacky (Dec 13)
- Ithaca Ramps Up Production Level at Beatrice Platform (Dec 07)