Finder to Farm-Out a 50% Stake in Permit AC/P 52 to Shell
Australia-based Finder Exploration Pty Ltd (Finder) announced Friday that the company has entered into a farm-out agreement which provides for Shell Development (Australia) Proprietary Limited (Shell) to earn a 50 percent interest and Operatorship in Exploration Permit for Petroleum AC/P 52 (Permit). The Permit is located in the Northern Browse Basin and is north of the Poseidon major gas discovery and the approved Ichthys and Prelude developments.
The farm-out agreement provides that Shell will earn its interest in the Permit through cash payments and funding a percentage of the drilling costs of the Cronus-1 exploration well in the Permit up to an agreed cap.
Jan Ostby, Finder's managing director, said: "It is fantastic to secure Shell, a world class, proven and respected Operator, to undertake the planning and drilling of the Cronus-1 exploration well. With exploration success there would be multiple potential routes to commercialization. The Cronus prospect is a multi-TCF gas prospect which was matured using the Cartier West MC3D seismic dataset and we are looking forward to the drilling of this opportunity."
The transaction is subject to various government approvals and registration following which the participating interests in the Permit will be:
- Finder Exploration Pty Ltd - 20 percent participating interest
- Sasol Australia Petroleum Ltd. - 30 percent participating interest
- Shell Development (Australia) Pty Ltd (Operator) - 50 percent participating interest
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Finder Exploration Pty Ltd more info
- Finder Sells Entire Acreage Holding Off WA to Quadrant Energy Australia (May 03)
- Planning Underway to Drill Roc-2 Appraisal Well Off WA in 2H 2016 (Mar 17)
- Carnarvon Confirms Condensate Rich Gas Find at Roc-1 Well in Block WA-437-P (Jan 18)