GDF Suez Awards Algerian Touat Field Contract to Spain's Tecnicas Reunidas
PARIS, Aug 8 (Reuters) – French utility GDF Suez and Algerian state energy group Sonatrach said on Thursday they had awarded an engineering contract to Spanish company Tecnicas Reunidas for the development of the Touat field in southwestern Algeria.
Production at the much-delayed Touat field, with reserves estimated at 445 million barrels of petrol equivalent, is scheduled to start in late 2016. The project will produce 4.5 billion cubic metres of gas annually and 630,000 barrels of condensate, GDF said in a statement.
The statement did not disclose the value of the contract awarded to the Spanish company, which consists mainly in the construction of an industrial natural gas treatment plant and collection system.
(Reporting by Christian Plumb, writing by Michel Rose; editing by Gus Trompiz)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Algeria Sends More Oil To Cuba As Venezuelan Supplies Fall (Jan 10)
- Algeria's Shale Gas Plans Will Take Time, Require Tough Reforms (Dec 29)
- Algeria's Sonatrach Chief Urges Oil Industry Reforms (Sep 18)
Company: GDF Suez more info
- UK Awards 27 Blocks for Shale Exploration in Latest Licensing Round (Aug 18)
- European Majors Team Up to Explore Arctic (Apr 21)
- GDF Suez Says Natural Gas Discovery Made in Southeast Algeria (Apr 20)