Aibel Clinches Deal for P-74 FPSO Project
Aibel, a Norwegian energy service firm, signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) for topside procurement and fabrication with Estaleiros do Brasil (EBR), a joint venture between Japan's Toyo Engineering and Brazilian engineering company SoG - Oleo e Gas, for the P-74 project in the Franco 1 area off Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The floating, production, storage and offloading (FPSO), called P-74, is scheduled for deployment to the Franco 1 offshore oil field - which is operated by Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobas) - in 2016. The FPSO will be equipped to produce 150,000 barrels of oil per day and 247.2 million cubic feet (7 million cubic meters) of gas per day. In May, EBR was awarded the contract by Petrobras to install topside units for the P-74 FPSO.
Aibel will build a total of five modules for the P-74 FPSO with an overall weight of 4,750 tons. Aibel and its sub-contractors will take approximately 1.2 million manhours to complete the project.
“We are very pleased to have established a good relationship with a new client,” says Nick Routledge, vice president, Field Development South East Asia, said in a company release.
Aibel has already started work on the project at its offices in Singapore and Thailand, with first steel cut planned for October and the final module to be loaded out end of August 2014.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Toyo Engineering Corp. more info
- Toyo Bags Turnkey Contract for Regasification Plant at Dahej, India (Mar 11)
- Aibel Clinches Deal for P-74 FPSO Project (Jul 30)
- Toyo Targeted for FPSO Topside Work at Angola's Block 31 (Oct 23)
Company: Aibel AS more info
- Statoil Awards Aibel Snorre FEED Study (Dec 16)
- Aibel Secures Troll C FEED Contract (Nov 30)
- Aker, Aibel Win Contracts Worth $600M for Dvalin Work, Offshore Norway (Oct 04)