SembCorp Marine Wins Tussle for PPL Shipyard Board
Sembcorp Marine announced that it will have complete control of PPL Shipyard Pte Ltd (PPLS) Board after a decision by the Court of Appeal (COA) in Singapore.
The company said PPL Holdings (PPLH), which has a 15 percent stake in PPLS, lost the right under the Joint Venture Agreement to appoint its nominees to PPLS’s Board as a result of the COA decision, which gives Sembcorp Marine the right to appoint PPLS’s Chairman, Deputy Chairman, Managing Director and Deputy Managing Director.
"The Court of Appeal in its judgment today ruled that certain provisions in the Joint Venture Agreement between Sembcorp Marine and PPL Holdings premised on equal shareholding no longer applied when Sembcorp Marine increased its shareholding from 50 percent to 85 percent in PPLS," Sembcorp Marine said in a press release.
There will be no change in the consolidation of PPLS as an 85 percent-owned subsidiary of Sembcorp Marine as the COA did not agree that the company had the right to terminate the Joint Venture Agreement with PPLS.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
Company: PPL Shipyard more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires Remaining 15% Stake in PPL Shipyard for $115M (Aug 24)
- Perisai Petroleum Defers Delivery of Perisai Pacific 102 to End October (Jun 13)
- PPL Shipyard Serves Termination Notice on MPD Over Jackup Construction Spat (Dec 02)