Hallin Marine Bags Project off North West Java
Hallin Marine, a Superior Energy Services company, announced it has bagged a contract for a project off the north west coast of Java, Indonesia.
The contract covers the installation of new control taps and a bypass for the main pipeline which supplies 60 percent of Jakarta’s gas requirements to the mainland.
Hallin will provide full saturation-diving services using equipment built into the Ullswater subsea operations vessel (SOV). This includes a remotely operated submersible vehicle which will be used for underwater observation and process monitoring. The firm will also deploy the Carlisle SOV for the project.
Hallin teams based on the two vessels will perform removal of concrete coating on existing pipelines, pipeline integrity checks, spools installation, pre-commissioning assistance, installation of hot-taps at multiple locations and the fitting of underwater pipe-closure stopples.
“Hallin won the contract on the basis of its successful track record as an experienced offshore support service-provider and the company’s knowledge in managing this type of project scope in the region,” John Payne, Hallin’s CEO said in a press release.
“Past Hallin operations have included riser installations in the Jangkar field, installation of rigid risers and flexible flowlines in the Belanak field and installation of subsea umbilicals in the Natuna gas field,” Payne added.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Superior Energy Eliminates Dividend (Mar 31)
- PMI Energy Services Sets Up New Shorebase in Morgan City (Oct 22)
- Oil Billionaire Hamm Sold Superior Energy Stake Citing Weak Returns (Aug 11)
Company: Hallin Marine more info
- Hallin Completes Replacement of Mooring Lines for FPSO HYSY111 in China (Aug 26)
- Hallin Supports Subsea 7 in Offshore Installation Work in Bay of Bengal (Apr 17)
- Hallin Marine Completes Subsea Project at Thailand's Bualuang Oil Field (Feb 28)