Origin Energy Finds Minor Gas Shows at 12-CV-1X Well
Pan Pacific Petroleum NL reported that Origin Energy (Song Hong) Pte Limited (Origin), the Operator of the Block 121 Production Sharing Contract, offshore Vietnam, has announced that the 121-CV-1X exploration well has reached a total measured depth of 12,303 feet or 3,750 meters BRT (below rotary table) and the well is being plugged and abandoned as planned having encountered only minor gas indications.
The well, which was targeting the large Whale (Ca Voi) prospect, encountered sandstones in the main objective sequence prognosed as of Oligocence age, but no hydrocarbons were present.
The well did penetrate wet gas shows associated with indications of overpressure within the shallower Miocene section which demonstrates that a working petroleum system is present on Block 121.
121-CV-1X was a frontier exploration well and was the first to test the prospectivity of the Oliogocene section in the Phu Khanh basin. The results of the well will now be integrated with the existing seismic data to determine the future exploration plans for Block 121.
The 121-CV-1X well was drilled using the Ocean General (mid-water semisub) which on release will next move to Vietnam Block 07/03 to drill the CRD-3X appraisal well.
Participating interests in Block 121 are:
- Pan Pacific Petroleum Vietnam 121 - 15 percent
- Origin - 45 percent (operator)
- Premier Oil - 40 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Pan Pacific Petroleum more info
- JV Partners Withdraw from Vietnam's Offshore Block 121 (Sep 30)
- Australia's PPP CEO Tom Prudence Steps Down, Firm Not Seeking Replacement (Aug 25)
- Timor-Leste Issues Termination Notice for PSC JPDA 06-103 (Jul 16)