Beach Reports Hydrocarbon Shows at El Salmiya-2 Well
Australia-based Beach Energy Ltd reported that the operator of its Abu Sennan concession in the Western Desert in Egypt, Kuwait Energy, is evaluating high resistivity anomalies and hydrocarbon shows observed in the El Salmiya-2 well.
Four zones of hydrocarbon shows were identified in the well as follows:
- Abu Roash “C” Member between 11,221 and 11,260 feet (3,420 and 3,432 meters)
- Abu Roash “E” Member between 11,755 and 11,841 feet (3,583 and 3,609 meters)
- Bahariya Formation between 13,192 and 13,196 feet (4,021 to 4,022 meters) and
- Kharita Formation between 13,347 and 13,593 feet (4,068 and 4,143 meters) measured depth
The operator is currently setting up to test the well over the coming week, with flow rates from this test anticipated soon thereafter.
The El Salmiya-2 well was drilled to appraise reservoirs in the Abu Roash "C" and "E" Members, which flowed at combined gross rates of 2,900 barrels of oil per day and 16 million standard cubic feet per day in the El Salmiya-1 discovery well (drilled in 2012).
The Joint Venture equity interests in Abu Sennan are:
- Beach (via wholly owned subsidiary Beach Petroleum (Egypt) Limited) - 22 percent
- Kuwait Energy Egypt - 50 percent and operator
- Dover Investments - 28 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Beach Energy Completes Callawonga-12 Well Drilling in Cooper Basin (Aug 25)
- Beach Energy Spuds Callawonga-12 Well in South Australia's Cooper Basin (Aug 18)