Scomi Wins Deal to Supply AHTS to Coastal Energy
Malaysia-listed Scomi Energy Services Bhd (Scomi Energy Services) announced that its subsidiary, PT Rig Tenders Indonesia Tbk (PTRT) has won a contract from Coastal Energy Company in Thailand, for the provision of a 60 metric ton bollard pull anchor handling, towing and supply (AHTS) vessel.
The contract, which is for a duration of one year, commenced at end June 2013. Coastal Energy has the option to extend it for a further one year. Scomi Energy said the contract is valued at around $6.9 million (MYR 22 million) for the entire two-year period.
Under the contract, PTRT will provide anchor handling, towing and supply run for Coastal Energy’s offshore installation works.
“This win expands our offshore support vessel services footprint in Asia. The marine division now is present in the Thailand market and with our proven capability in this sector, we are optimistic of our growth potential in this region,” Mukhnizam Mahmud, president, Marine Services, Scomi Energy Services Bhd, said in a press release.
Scomi Energy has a fleet of 82 vessels comprising 42 tugs, 29 barges, six utillity vessels, three AHTS vessels and two accommodation barges. Apart from offshore support services, Scomi Energy’s other business activity includes oilfield services, production enhancement and marine logistics, for the oil and gas as well as the coal industries.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Ophir Production Cuts First Steel for Ophir Project WHP in Malaysia (Mar 08)
- Muhibbah Says Malaysia's Ophir Field WHP EPCIC Deal is Worth $21.7M-$23.4M (Nov 30)
- OPSB Awards Malaysia's Offshore Ophir Field WHP EPCIC Contract to Muhibbah (Nov 27)
Company: Coastal Energy Co. more info
- First Oil Flows from Banang Field in KBM Cluster Off Peninsular Malaysia (Sep 05)
- Coastal Energy Completes Merger With Cepsa's Unit (Jan 20)
- First Oil Flows from Kapal, Banang, Merantai Cluster off Peninsula Malaysia (Jan 13)