First Subsea Grabs Mooring Contract for Heidelberg
Technip Inc. awarded First Subsea Ltd. a subsea mooring connector contract for an Anadarko Petroleum Corp.-project in the Gulf of Mexico. The contract is for a 23,000-ton truss spar platform moored in 5,310 feet of water on the Heidelberg field in Green Canyon Blocks 859, 860, 903, 904 and 948 in the Gulf of Mexico.
The spar will be moored by nine ball and taper mooring connectors attached to polyester mooring lines.
“This is our tenth spar mooring project for Technip,” John Shaw, managing director at First Subsea Ltd., said in a released statement. “The speed and ease of the Ballgrab connection is well proven in a range of industry-leading, deepwater projects in the Gulf of Mexico.”
With a capacity of more than 80,000 barrels of oil and 2.3 million cubic meters of natural gas per day, the Heidelberg spar is expected to come online in 2015.
In November 2012, Technip received an order to begin the engineering, construction and transport of the truss spar.
This contract “strengthens our long-lasting relationship with Anadarko but it also confirms its continuous trust in the Group’s extensive know-how and expertise in spar technology," said David Dickson, Technip's senior vice president of North American Region, in a statement. "After Lucius, awarded last year and currently being built in our yard in Pori, Heidelberg will be the eighth spar delivered by Technip to Anadarko.”
The field is estimated to hold 200 million barrels of oil. Anadarko holds a 44.25-percent operating interest in Block 859 and 903.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: First Subsea Ltd more info
- First Subsea Wins Contract to Supply Libyan Vessel (Jan 07)
- First Subsea Grabs Mooring Contract for Heidelberg (Jul 18)
- First Subsea Finishes FPSO Mooring Offshore Angola (May 29)