SapuraKencana Bags PTTEPI's Rig Contract
Malaysia's SapuraKencana Petroleum Berhad announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Crest Tender Rigs Pte Ltd. (CTR), has been awarded a contract for SKD T-9 tender rig by PTTEP International Limited (PTTEPI).
PTTEPI, a subsidiary of PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited, intends to use SKD T-9 for its Zawtika development drilling campaign offshore Myanmar.
Work on the contract, valued at around $40 million, will commence in July 2013 for an initial operational period of approximately 300 days.
"The award of the T-9 contract is expected to contribute positively to the Group's earnings and net assets per share for the financial year ending Jan. 31, 2014 and the financial periods thereafter in the duration of the T-9 Contract," SapuraKencana said in an announcement on the country's stock exchange Bursa Malaysia.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Thailand's PTTEP Delays Canadian Oil Sands Project At Cost Of $550MM (Oct 19)
- Thai PTTEP to Invest At Least $1.7B in 2017 to Maintain Output (Oct 03)
- PTTEPI, PC JDA Sign Add-on Deal to PSC for Block 17-01 in Gulf of Thailand (Sep 01)
Company: SapuraKencana Petroleum Bhd more info
- SapuraKencana: Short-Term Industry Outlook Uncertain (Dec 08)
- Malaysia's SapuraKencana Posts 7.1% Gain in 2Q FY17 PAT to $27M (Sep 29)
- SKTLO Bags $65.3M Contracts for Work Offshore Malaysia, Vietnam (Sep 01)