Cue Energy, BHP Billiton Up Stake in Permit WA-389-P
Cue Energy Resources and BHP Billiton Ltd. have increased their stakes in permit WA-389-P after Woodside Petroleum Ltd.'s exit from the exploration project, which is located in the Carnarvon Basin, off Western Australia.
Cue Energy will raise its interest in WA-389-P offshore Western Australia from 35 percent to 40 percent, while BHP Billiton (Australia) Pty Ltd. will raise its stake to 60 percent and become operator of the permit, subject to the necessary regulatory approvals. An application to renew WA-389-P will be submitted to the National Offshore Petroleum Title Administrator before the end of July.
"Cue has increased its participating interest as it sees significant remaining hydrocarbon potential in WA-389-P. The permit is already substantially covered by 3D seismic which will underpin continuing exploration of the block," the company said in a press release.
Woodside was the operator and held a 35 percent stake in the permit, which is located in the Carnarvon Basin.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Woodside more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Cue Energy Resources more info
- Sampang JV Approves Project to Extend Field Life by 2 Years to 2020 (Sep 22)
- SKK Migas Extends Exploration Period for East Kalimantan's Mahakam PSC (May 04)
- NOPTA Approves Cue's WA-359-P Work Program Suspension, Extends Permit Term (Apr 14)