Aker Wins Brazil Work with Repsol Sinopec
Norwegian oilfield services firm Aker Solutions reported Thursday that its Managed Pressure Operations subsidiary has won a three-year contract with Repsol Sinopec Brazil.
The deal, which has a two-year extension option, will see Aker deliver managed pressure drilling (MPD) systems and riser gas-handling services to Repsol Sinopec Brazil's ultra-deepwater operation in the Campos Basin.
Aker explained that its MPD technology improves drilling performance and safety, while the riser gas handling system helps to control wellbore fluids during oil and gas drilling offshore.
"This contract will demonstrate the unique capabilities of our riser gas handling safety system and introduce the first deep-water application of our riser drilling device into an offshore MPD system below the tensioner on a rig," says Charles Orbell, Aker's head of its Managed Pressured Operations business.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Sinopec more info
- Lead a Chinese Oil Giant and Get a Fraction of Your Peers' Pay (Dec 27)
- Report: Quarter Of Oil Refineries Risk Closure Under Climate Goals (Nov 02)
- Sources: China's Sinopec Mulls US Oil Projects Ahead Of Trump's Visit (Oct 31)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)