Aker Wins Mariner Drilling Equipment Contract
Norwegian oilfield services firm Aker Solutions reported Wednesday that it has won a contract to supply a drilling equipment package to a production platform at the Mariner field in the North Sea.
Aker said the deal, which is with Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering, includes a complete topside equipment package. The firm will also provide support services to DSME's shipyard in South Korea as well as during the offshore installation phase. Delivery of the contract is expected to be complete during 2015.
The contract work will be executed mainly at Aker's Kristiansand and Asker facilities in Norway, as well as Erkelenz in Germany.
Aker added that the contract includes an option to supply an identical equipment package for the production facility at the nearby Bressay field. Mariner, which is located around 90 miles east of the Shetland Islands, and Bressay are both operated by Norway's Statoil.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
Company: Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering Company (DSME) more info
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Daewoo Shipbuilding's Bailout Plan Cleared by Pension Fund (Apr 17)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)