Oceaneering Clinches Umbilical Contract for GOM Julia Field
Oceaneering International, Inc. announced that it has secured a contract with Exxon Mobil Corporation to supply a production control umbilical for its Julia field development located in the Gulf of Mexico Walker Ridge block.
The order is for an electro-hydraulic, steel tube umbilical approximately 14 miles (22.5 kilometers) in length. Product manufacturing will be performed at Oceaneering's facility in Panama City, Florida, with delivery scheduled for early 2015.
The umbilical will be used to supply hydraulic control fluids, chemicals, and electrical power signals to operate and monitor the subsea wells and manifold used in the field. The water depth at the installation location is approximately 7,200 feet.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- ExxonMobil to Evaluate Offshore Mauritania Blocks (Dec 04)
- ExxonMobil To Merge Refining And Marketing Divisions (Dec 01)
Company: Oceaneering International more info
- Oceaneering Names New CEO (Feb 15)
- IoT Technology to Reduce Need for Oil, Gas Workers Offshore (Oct 14)
- Oceaneering Clinches Contract to Provide Subsea Support Vessel in India (Sep 30)