Total Increases Stake in Novatek to 16%
MOSCOW - France's Total SA has increased its stake in OAO Novatek, Russia's No. 2 gas producer, to 16 percent, the Russian firm said in a statement Wednesday.
Total took a 12 percent stake in Novatek in 2011, saying it would increase its share up to 19.4 percent in three years. Novatek's main shareholders are its chief executive, Leonid Mikhelson, and oil trader Gennady Timchenko.
Total also holds a 20 percent stake in Novatek's Arctic liquefied natural gas project, Yamal LNG. Novatek on Friday signed a deal to sell a 20 percent share in that project to China National Petroleum Corp.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Novatek more info
- RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project (Nov 13)
- Russia's Novatek Says Yamal LNG Seen Expanding By 1 Million Tonnes (Oct 17)
- Russia's Novatek Recommends 1H Dividend Of 6.95 rbls Per Share (Aug 25)