Bianchi-1 Well Drilling Continues in WA-49-R
Tap Oil Limited provided the following update of the Bianchi-1 gas appraisal well in Retention Lease WA-49-R. The well will target sandstones in a Triassic age Mungaroo Formation within a separate fault block down dip of the Zola-1/ST1 gas discovery.
Location and Proposed Depth
The Bianchi prospect is located in the WA-49-R retention lease in the offshore Carnarvon Basin, approximately 4 miles north-northeast of the Zola-1/ST1 gas discovery and 12.9 miles south-southwest of the Gorgon-1 gas discovery well.
The Bianchi fault block is one of a series of adjacent structures that form the greater Zola area. The prospect was matured following interpretation of the Cambozola 3D seismic survey in 2012.
The well will be drilled as a vertical well in a water depth 787 feet and is expected to take 80 days (trouble free) to drill to a projected total depth of 17,060 feet. Tap’s cost for the well is expected to be approximately $7.6 million (AUD 8 million).
During the period from 0600 hours (AWST) June 18 to 0600 hours (AWST) June 25, drilling operations for the 8.5 inch section continued. The well was drilled to a depth of 17,395 feet. The Joint Venture has agreed to deepen the well and drill to a new total of at least 17,460 feet.
The forward plan is to continue drilling the 8.5 inch hole to the final total depth, and then commence a comprehensive wire line logging program to evaluate the well.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Santos Ltd. more info
- Australia's Santos Profit Soars, Flags China LNG Sales Push (Feb 21)
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: OMV more info
- OMV Ramps Up Search For Gas In Austria (Jan 29)
- Qatargas Signs Deal To Deliver LNG To Austria's OMV (Dec 20)
- CEO: OMV To Become Bigger, Grow Marketing Outside Of Europe (Dec 20)
Company: JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration more info
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)