Gumusut-Kakap FPS to Operate at Full Capacity By Year-end
Shell expected its floating production system (FPS) for the Gumusut-Kakap oil field project offshore Sabah, Malaysia to operate at full capacity by year-end.
"We drew our first oil in November last year and we expect to reach full production capacity by year-end," said Chairman Iain Lo of Shell Refining Company (Federation of Malaya) Bhd - a subsidiary of Shell in Malaysia as reported by Malaysian national news agency Bernama June 21.
The FPS will produce 150,000 barrels of crude oil per day from 19 subsea wells, which are located in water depths of 3,937 feet.
Field operator Shell and ConocoPhillips Sabah Ltd each own a 33 percent stake in the Gumusut-Kakap project while Petronas Carigali and Murphy Sabah Oil Co Ltd own 20 and 14 percent, respectively.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Murphy Oil Corporation more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)