Japan Far East Gas, Gazprom Ink MOU for Vladistok LNG Project
Japan Far East Gas Co., Ltd., a company established by Inpex Corporation, Itochu Corporation, Japan Petroleum Exploration Co., Ltd., Marubeni Corporation and Itochu Oil Exploration Co., Ltd, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) regarding the natural gas liquefaction project in the Vladivostok area with Russia’s state-owned gas company Gazprom. The MOU was signed June 22 in St. Petersburg, Russia.
JFG and Gazprom conducted a joint feasibility study for the natural gas utilization project in the Vladivostok area during year 2011 and 2012. Following the result of the above-mentioned study, this MOU was signed between JFG and Gazprom regarding the discussions on foundation of a joint project company as well as joint marketing activity in Japan, which would contribute to the realization of Vladivostok LNG project.
Realization of this project is considered to be very important for the stable LNG supply to not only Japan but also to the other Asian countries, and will contribute to the diversification of Russia’s gas (LNG) export sources.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Ukraine And Russia Both Claim Victory In Gas Dispute (Dec 22)
- Gazprom to Splurge on EU Gas Pipe as US Weighs Penalties (Dec 19)
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: Itochu more info
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
- CITIC Resources, ITOCHU Sign MOU to Collaborate on E&P Projects (Jun 22)
- North West Shelf LNG Tender Goes to BG, Itochu and Statoil (Jun 19)
Company: Marubeni Corp more info
- JOGMEC, Inpex, Marubeni Ink Exploration Deal with Rosneft (Dec 15)
- Indonesia's Small-Scale LNG Plans Face Several Challenges (Apr 15)
- MODEC Secures Japanese Partners in Petrobras FPSO Project (Apr 14)
Company: Japan Exploration (Japex) more info
- Japex To Keep Canada Oil Sands Ops Idle After Fire Due To Low Prices (May 12)
- JAPEX Engages Aonex for Construction of Japan's Soma LNG Terminal (Jul 09)
- MedcoEnergi Inks Agreement to Sell Gas from Aceh's Block A to Pertamina (Jan 28)
Company: CIECO Exploration & Production more info
- Japan Far East Gas, Gazprom Ink MOU for Vladistok LNG Project (Jun 24)
- Ocean Patriot Completes Drilling Program at BMG Field (Sep 03)
- Pertamina Picks Up Stake in Offshore BMG Project (Aug 19)