PPL Shipyard Top Management Changes
Sembcorp Marine appointed Wong Teck Cheong as the managing director of PPL Shipyard with effect from June 14, following the completion of Service Agreement by Douglas Tan Ah Hwa on the same date.
Wong, who joined PPL Shipyard in 1999, has served as general manager for Special Construction and chief risk officer at PPL Shipyard before his appointment as managing director. The 51-year old is also the general manager of Baker Marine Pte Ltd, a subsidiary of PPL Shipyard. Prior to that, he was a project manager with Promet Private Limited and IPEC Pte Ltd. Wong obtained a Masters in Engineering Science (Structural) from the University of New South Wales, Australia, in 1991.
Sembcorp Marine also appointed Altaf Hossain, aged 54, as the deputy managing director at PPL Shipyard. He formerly held the position of general manager (Tuas Yard) at Jurong Shipyard, which he joined in 1995 as a repair manager and held several posts thereafter including deputy general manager (Project Management Office). Altaf obtained his Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the Technical University of Gdansk, Poland in 1983.
Tan, who is 66, has been the managing director of PPL Shipyard since 2007.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
Company: PPL Shipyard more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires Remaining 15% Stake in PPL Shipyard for $115M (Aug 24)
- Perisai Petroleum Defers Delivery of Perisai Pacific 102 to End October (Jun 13)
- PPL Shipyard Serves Termination Notice on MPD Over Jackup Construction Spat (Dec 02)