Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete'
MOSCOW - The work to integrate the assets of TNK-BP into Russian oil major OAO Rosneft is mostly complete, Russian news agencies reported the company's chief executive Igor Sechin as saying Thursday.
Mr. Sechin estimated that cost savings from the merger would amount to $12 billion.
State-controlled oil giant Rosneft acquired a 95% stake in TNK-BP, Russia's third-largest oil company, on March 21 from BP PLC and its partners, a group of Soviet-born tycoons.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Kremlin Oil Major Piles Up Investments In Iraq's Kurdistan Amid Crisis (Oct 18)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)