Subsea 7 Establishes Tromso Office
Oilfield services firm Subsea 7 reported late Monday that it has established a new office in Tromsø, northern Norway.
Subsea 7 said the move follows its award earlier this year for the pipelay and subsea installation contract for Statoil's Aasta Hansteen project. The firm said it is seeing increasing activity in the Norwegian Sea and the Barents Sea, and that with an office in Tromsø it will have a solid platform to properly execute projects and collaborate with partners in northern Norway.
Subsea 7 Vice President for Norway Stuart Fitzgerald commented in a company statement:
"Tromsø was selected after a detailed evaluation process. This is not just about the development of the Aasta Hansteen field, but is part of our overall long-term commitment to northern Norway. We are looking forward to establishing the new office and to starting the recruitment process."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Statoil Has Room To Grow More In North Dakota's Bakken (Mar 06)
- Big Oil CEOs Appeal to Norway to Back Carbon Capture and Storage (Feb 15)
- Norwegian Police Investigate 2016 Hydrogen Leak At Statoil Refinery (Feb 09)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)