Xcite, Amec to Begin FEED Program for Bentley Field
Xcite Energy reported Wednesday that it has agreed with its partner AMEC to shortly begin a front-end engineering and design (FEED) program for the Bentley field in the UK North Sea.
During this process, the firm expects a wider services agreement to be formulated that will include: project and program management and controls; further detailed engineering and design; fabrication management; sub-contractor management; hook-up and commissioning; operations and maintenance planning and system build; and duty holder services.
Xcite CEO Rupert Cole commented:
"We are very pleased to have developed our existing relationship with AMEC to create the basis for these commercial arrangements. I believe that AMEC's expertise and track record in delivering major UKCS offshore and heavy oil projects will complement the company's own skillset to deliver a best in class development programme. This is another industry confirmation of Bentley as one of the largest development-ready North Sea fields and provides further, complementary support to the current farm-out process as we progress towards development."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Aberdeen-based Jee Wins Enhance Oil Recovery Contract (May 21)
- UK's Oil Services Firms To Cut Jobs To Ride Out Price Slump (Apr 28)
- Amec Foster Wheeler Buys Scopus Group (Dec 15)
Company: Xcite Energy Resources Limited more info
- Xcite Confirms $35-per-Barrel Costs for Bentley Field (May 29)
- Xcite Signs Rig Provision Agreement for Bentley Field (Nov 17)
- Xcite Signs Services Deal with Baker Hughes for Bentley Field (Oct 20)