MOG Completes Sale of Onshore Italy Gas Assets
Mediterranean Oil and Gas (MOG) announced Wednesday that it has completed the sale of its interests in 13 non-core exploration and production gas assets onshore Italy to Canoel International Energy (CIL).
MOG said that CIL has now assumed the liability for all future plug, abandonment and site remediation costs associated with the assets. MOG has also paid approximately $1.6 million to CIL as a partial contribution towards future plug, abandonment and site remediation costs for the assets.
Following the completion of the transaction, MOG retains interests in seven onshore Italy gas production concessions, three onshore exploration permits and five exploration permit applications.
MOG Chief Executive Dr Bill Higgs commented in a company statement:
"The divestment of these non-core assets is consistent with our stated strategy to grow the company by investing in exploration, development and production opportunities that can add material resources and reserves to the company's portfolio. Completion of the transaction will free up our operational team to focus on the value-adding opportunities in our expanding international portfolio."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Two Main Forces Have Come Together to Pull Down Commodity Prices
- UK Offshore Energy Calls for Labour Party Meet
- Aker BP's 1.07 Bboe North Sea Projects Get Parliament Nod
- Coal Getting Cheaper in China Despite Heat-Induced Demand Surge
- Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Eyes to Fuel Sea Transport with Ammonia
- Distillate Crack Spreads Return to February 2022 Levels: EIA
- Americas Exploration Heats Up
- Gas South Inks Plumbing Deal for Its Consumers
- Saudi Oil Cut Risks Leaving Bitter Taste for Budget
- Irving Oil Starts Review That Puts Key Refinery on Market
- Saudis Remind Global Oil Market Who is King
- Saudi to Cut Output by 1MM BPD in Solo OPEC+ Move
- Data Science is the Future of Oil and Gas
- Debt Ceiling Deal Becomes Law
- What Do Latest OPEC+ Moves Mean?
- TotalEnergies Inks Agua Marinha PSC in Brazil
- Fatality At North Rankin Complex
- North America Loses More Rigs
- Par Pacific Completes Buy of ExxonMobil Refinery
- Regulator Fines Hilcorp Alaska in Latest of Over 60 Enforcement Actions
- Which Generation Is Most in Demand in Oil, Gas Right Now?
- Who Is the Most Prolific Private Oil and Gas Producer in the USA?
- USA EIA Slashes 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- BMI Reveals Latest Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Is There a Danger That Oil and Gas Runs out of Financing?
- BMI Projects Gasoline Price Through to 2026
- What Will World Oil Demand Be in 2023?
- North America Rig Count Reduction Rumbles On
- What New Oil and Gas Jobs Will Exist in the Future?
- What Does a 2023 USA Recession Mean for Oil and Gas in the Country?