Petrovietnam Signs Myanmar Farm-out Agreement
HANOI - Petrovietnam Exploration Production Corp., or PVEP, said Tuesday it has signed an agreement with France's Maurel & Prom S.A. to transfer part of its interest in the M2 Mottana Block offshore Myanmar to the French company.
PVEP, a unit of state-owned Petrovietnam, said in a statement the two companies would cooperate to share risks and opportunities in oil and gas exploration and production.
It didn't provide further details on the agreement.
PVEP said it signed the production sharing contract for the M2 Mottana Block with Vietsovpetro, Eden Group and Myanmar Oil and Gas Enterprise in October 2008. The block, covering an area of 9,652 square kilometers, is 200 kilometers southwest of Rangoon.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Gabon Oil Workers To End Strike At Onal Field On Wednesday (Oct 25)
- Indonesia's Pertamina Takes 24.53% Stake in France's Maurel & Prom (Aug 03)
- Maurel & Prom Makes Deep Cuts as Oil Price Fall Bites (Jan 28)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)