Subsea 7 Wins Mariner Field Contract
Oilfield services firms Subsea 7 announced Friday the award of a $170 million contract from Statoil to supply the Mariner field in the UK sector of the North Sea.
The contract is for the engineering, procurement, installation and construction (EPIC) of 24 miles of rigid flow lines and flexible riser systems, together with associated subsea structures, protection systems, and tie-ins.
Subsea 7 said project management and engineering work will begin immediately at its offices in Stavanger, Norway and Aberdeen, UK. Offshore activities utilizing a variety of Subsea 7 vessels are scheduled to commence in 2015 and to be completed in 2016.
Thomas Sunde, Subsea 7's vice president of sales and marketing for the North Sea and Canada, commented in a company statement:
"We are extremely pleased to have been awarded this significant project from Statoil for their Mariner field development in the North Sea. The award recognizes our ability to deliver the full range of technology solutions for subsea SURF projects, as well our strong track record as a reliable large scale EPIC Contractor.
"Subsea 7 looks forward to working closely with Statoil to successfully deliver our scope of work, with safety and quality at the forefront throughout."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)