KCA Deutag Secures Major North Sea Contracts
Drilling services firm KCA Deutag announced Tuesday that it has won "significant" drilling operation and maintenance contracts for work in the North Sea with Total, EnQuest and CNR International.
KCA said it has been awarded a contract with Total E&P UK to provide drilling operations and maintenance services on the Alwyn North and Dunbar platforms. Both contracts, set to last for two years with potential extensions of up to two years, have already begun.
The deal with EnQuest is for a four-year extension of KCA's drilling operations and maintenance contract for both the Heather and Thistle platforms.
Meanwhile, KCA reported a "substantial" contract extension with CNRI – a five-year extension that incorporates drilling and completion services contracts for the Ninian North Platform, South and Central Platforms, the Murchison Platform and the Tiffany Platform in the North Sea.
KCA Deutag President for Platforms Rune Lorentzen commented in a company statement:
"We have a very strong presence in the North Sea and it is great to see this continue. These new awards and contract extensions provide a great example of the on-going investment in the UK Continental Shelf and confirm KCA Deutag's position as a leading platform services drilling contractor in the North Sea. These awards have highlighted our proven track record for safely delivering drilling operations in one of the harshest offshore environments."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Norway Strike Threat Increases as Parties Fail to Find Agreement (Jun 08)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- KCA Confirms Plans to Hire 300 Workers in Norway (Mar 30)
Company: CNR International more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Petrofac Secures $400M of Repeat UK Orders (Jun 19)
- Total Discovers Oil Offshore Ivory Coast (Apr 17)
- Total, Anadarko, CNR To Spend Up To $300M On Ivory Coast Blocks (Nov 06)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)