Sembcorp Marine to Construct Jackup for Noble Corp.
Sembcorp Marine's subsidiary, Jurong Shipyard, received a newbuild contract from Noble Corporation. The shipyard has secured a $593 million contract for a newbuild ultra-high specification jackup with the option of an additional unit for use in the UK sector of the North Sea.
The rig will be "constructed based on the proven Gusto MSC CJ70 design and in-line with an enhanced version of Statoil's 'Cat J' specifications," the company said in a released statement. The rig is scheduled for delivery in the first quarter of 2015.
The rig will be outfitted with an air gap of 226 feet and will be capable of operating in water depths of up to 492 feet in harsh environmental conditions with a maximum total drilling depth capacity of 33,000 feet.
"We are very honored to be chosen by Noble as the partner for this newbuild ultra-high specification jackup rig," said William Gu, general manager of Jurong Shipyard's offshore division. "Clinching this prestigious project markets another milestone for us, and attests to Jurong Shipyard's ability to build harsher and more sophisticated drilling rigs. This further cements Jurong Shipyard's position as a leading builder of customized rigs and affirms our commitment to provide versatile solutions to meet our customers' diverse specifications. We thank Noble for their trust and confidence in our rig building capabilities."
Jurong Shipyard is currently constructing six jackups worth a total of $1.3 billion for Noble.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
Company: Noble Corporation more info
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)
Company: Jurong Shipyard more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)